Located in historic downtown Bothell is the 1916 Kaysner Estate. This building was originally home to the mayor of Bothell. His great aunt had it built in 1916 and when she passed away her nephew, Charles Kaysner, and his family moved into the home. Bricks, salvaged from Bothell Way were used to build a garage on the property. The back dining room at Preservation Kitchen was once the garage and the bricks are still visible.
Preservation Kitchen began its rich culinary history as Gerard’s Relais de Lyon. Chef Gerard Parrat, from Paris, introduced Western Washington to haute French cuisine in the 1970s. Many original elements of his 2,000 square foot French kitchen remain, including the autograph on the wall of visiting French chef Paul Bocuse.